living in dee why??

Guest naths28

Guest naths28

hi,me and my other half are moving to sydney in july,and have been offered a place to stay in dee why.

have any of you lived there,or are living there at the moment,whats it like?and would you say its a nice place to live?

also how far is it from manly hospital??

many thanks,nathan:spinny:

Guest catechstrophy

Hi Nathan,

Just to add to Jim's reply, Dee Why is a really nice area, It has excellent public transport links as mentioned on the main road (Pittwater Road) the city is about 35 mins away by bus. Away from the main road the housing areas are quiet and although I've not lived there, I'd certainly recommend it as a place to start. It has a wonderful beach with a pool and great local amenities - public library, shops etc, It's also close to Warringah Mall for larger stores and supermarkets. I guess it must be about 4 or 5km from Manly, so can't be far to the hospital.

My partner grew up in the Northern Shores area and it's one of our favourite places to go to get out of the city - Avalon, Newport, Narrabean and Collaroy are not far up the coast road with loads of great cafes, bars and restaurants (and beaches :spinny: ) - It's also close to two major national park areas, Garigal and Ku-RIng-Gai Chase if you want to get away from it all

Enjoy !

Neil

Never stayed but have fond memories of walking on the beach, big bay, having consumed large pizza and lots of wine whilst the waves crashed onto the shore! It's not that far from Manly I recall.

Go for it!

hi,me and my other half are moving to sydney in july,and have been offered a place to stay in dee why.

have any of you lived there,or are living there at the moment,whats it like?and would you say its a nice place to live?

also how far is it from manly hospital??

many thanks,nathan:spinny:

Hi Nathan,

Dee Why is a very nice area and has quite alot of flats & apartments - there is also a beautiful beach which runs from Dee Why Point into Long Reef Point.

To Manly hospital from Dee Why approx 15 - 20 mins

Enjoy

gizmo :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ozlass
thaks alot for all ,of your replys,they have been v helpfull.makes us want to go now....

cheers,nathan.

Hi Nathan

We live in Dee Why and are actually just putting our place up for sale. If you are interested in a two story penthouse in a central location! I'll be posting details soon.

Dee Why beach has recently been done up (the esplanade) and there are lots of nice cafes on the beachfront. There is an outdoor pool on the ocean's edge, and you can walk to the next beaches on either side (or hike I should say).

There are plenty of shops in Dee Why and a new town centre is being built. I work in Manly and usually take the bus that goes along the coast road as it is a nice way to start the day! There are another two buses going the other route to Manly. There are several buses every minute going to the city in the morning. Very central point for travelling anywhere in the Northern Beaches.

Archived